Chipotle's latest 'Cultivating Thought' series will feature Augusten Burroughs, Aziz Ansari, Amy Tan and others
Chipotle Mexican Grill today announced the second installment of its "Cultivating Thought" author series with 10 new and original essays written to be featured on its cups and bags.
The series began in May 2014, in partnership with New York Times best-selling author Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Eating Animals, Everything is Illuminated), who curated the series from the beginning. The stories published on Chipotle's cups and bags are meant to entertain while exposing readers to some of today's most creative, influential and thought-provoking writers, according to a release from the company. Each cup and bag will also include unique illustrations commissioned from a range of artists.
"While typical fast food companies use their packaging to promote new menu items or sell the space to advertisers, we have always tried to use our packaging to engage with our customers wit and intellect," said Mark Crumpacker, chief marketing and development officer at Chipotle, in a company press release. "Given the response we had to the first round of the 'Cultivating Thought' series, we are continuing the series with more authors we think our customers will enjoy."
The list of contributors for the second installment of "Cultivating Thought" includes:
- Julia Alvarez - Poet and novelist, How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents, In the Time of the Butterflies
- Aziz Ansari - Actor and comedian, "Parks and Recreation"
- Augusten Burroughs - New York Times bestselling author, Running with Scissors
- Paulo Coelho - Novelist and world record-holder (most translated book by a living author), The Alchemist
- Jeffrey Eugenides - Pulitzer Prize winning author, Middlesex, The Virgin Suicides
- Neil Gaiman - Novelist, graphic novelist and screenwriter, The Sandman, The Graveyard Book, Coraline
- Walter Issacson - Author and biographer, The Innovators: How a Group of Inventors, Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution, Steve Jobs
- Barbara Kingsolver - New York Times bestselling author and Pulitzer Prize finalist, The Poisonwood Bible, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
- Amy Tan - Bestselling author, The Joy Luck Club
- Carlos Ruiz Zafron - Novelist, El Príncipe de la Niebla (The Prince of Mist)
The new "Cultivating Thought" packaging will be available in Chipotle restaurants in the coming weeks, and all 10 stories are accessible online at chipotle.com/cultivatingthought.
Article by: Fast Casual